Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How To Do A Brazilian Wax Diagram

Exclusive: Laura Varsky in the Seventh University Conference on Information Design

Imagen 10
Imagen 17 I presented it in June. The Argentinian typographer Paul Ale (One of our speakers at Fifth Conference on Information Design University) warned, with some seriously obscure it. "Never before have we seen so attached illustration to typography." Argentina is the illustrator Laura Varsky had created, along with Paul, typography Lady René.
"Drawings and letters are united and strengthened in my artwork. I said and not said. The certainty of what is transmitted and the invitation to self-interpretation. This is how it comes to date my first typeface, René Lady" Varsky adds.
This creative concept that blends the illustration with typography led us to invite Varsky to our daily from 10 November. A preview of the font in this exclusive interview we did in.
June laura varsky
1) How to give the leap from illustration to typography?
In my case I think it all started in reverse. First it was the font and then the picture.
not only for being a graphic designer but because I have taught at the University of Buenos Aires for more than 10 years of Tipografia matter. It was (and still is) a cornerstone in my work.
is why when you begin to illustrate the drawing of letters came almost instinctively. A professor of mine said
one usually draw characters like himself because the look in the mirror every day leaves a visual in your mind unforgettable. Thus, many hours and hours watching the first font made to appear through the pen were letters.
Imagen 18

2) How you define the font Lady René?
work to create a source that retained the sensitivity, warmth and spontaneity of hand drawing and at the same time, allowing organic generate text in a simple way through the possibilities of OpenType format.
From my own experience using it say that we did quite well. θ

3) How was born the font?

I was working quite doing illustrations with lettering. Ale Paul (whom I consider the best type designers today) suggested that we could develop a typeface based on the morphologies that was creating for my drawings. I found a beautiful challenge.
Imagen 17
4) The printer thinks the subsequent application, what application you thought for typography?
In my first thought is what I like to "write" to me (not literally I mean to write but to draw typographically). Stories, poems, songs. Because they propose a particular rhythm and they seek to convey emotions. That's why I chose an American children's classic song called "The Cat Came Back" to make the catalog or specimen source. In fact, in the beginning was to use "Alice in Wonderland" but just came the boom of the film and decided to go another way. But the story conveys the idea of \u200b\u200bfantasy and absolute mindedness that I find so funny and related to Lady René.
The main objective, regardless of its application is that the user feels when writing a text the same freedom I feel when drawing my letters. Have a range of possibilities as wide as possible. That typing becomes a creative act. They are given the tools necessary to give the written text digitally spirit and organic rhythm, human and imperfect.
Imagen 12
5) In some cds that you designed it you could find some typographical search. What place does typeface design? Fundamental
. Without doubt, one of the things that distinguishes a good designer is his use of typography. Because ultimately it is the only item or tool, which is almost exclusive design. Somehow ours. I consider the "how it says "is one of the biggest responsibilities of any graphic designer. And we must be very conscious of our decisions in this regard.
Imagen 16
6) Why is it called Lady René?
There is a reason that is quite personal and I feel a little ashamed to say.
But the home is fun .., thinking about the character of a story that comes alive from the pages of a book in the minds of its readers. In this case, Lady Rene, is that character .., reliving the making of designers and minds of those who read.
Imagen 14

0 comments:

Post a Comment