Sunday, February 20, 2011

Play Farmville On Blackberry

Venezuelan Malangré Broadway, harp sounds like a bossa and jazz

If rock bands playing with symphony orchestras, flamenco dancing now with tropical rhythms and fusion is what is of fashion, why can not the native harp venturing beyond the four and the maracas? Mauricio Malandra dared to explore and the result was an instrument that is no longer just for the joropo, because now allows for more


For Yubelitze Angarita Borges


the meeting was Music Paraguay, Japan and Venezuela joined by the Harp, held in Caracas, and one of the guests, Malandra Mauricio Ventura, which for many was a "chick harpist" alongside the great masters, was about to show to the attendees why the harp is not made nothing more to traditional music.
They applauded him, yes, but that performance was just a small sample of the ingenuity and dedication with which the young harpist for 29 years has explored the sounds of the instrument as a teenager caught it by its complexity.

"I am a lover of the complex. When at 14 I first met with the 32 strings, immediately became a challenge for me. At that time my dad thought maybe I had was a fever typical boy, but I still bought the harp and now when I see him, tell jokes, you see Dad, I have 15 years killing Fever! ".

The truth is that Mauritius should be to their family roots not only the origin of this singular name, Malandra, which comes from his paternal grandfather, an Italian who immigrated to Venezuela in the midst of World War II, but also the sounds with who raised her ear. "I was born in Barcelona, \u200b\u200bAnzoátegui state, and from an early listen to all kinds of music. I owe it to the musical tastes of my Mexican mom and my dad's Italian, with acetates llanera music and jazz. Although such a mix I came over an arepa Creole. "

There was sown the seed of curiosity and the desire to learn to make music and enter the world of fusion, to exalt the range of possibilities that native harp when combined with musical genres such as Latin jazz, bossa nova, rock, dance, waltz and what appears on the way, because as he says: "all I hear I'm looking and never stop learning."


Folklore + fusion

proudly self-declared learning the instrument, while acknowledging that their tutors were the guides of the recordings of great harpists as Joseph Archer and Henry Rubio. "They were the muse for me to learn," says she remembers excited when the teacher Henry Rubio, who is one of the architects of the harp involved with Brazilian music and English, said, "put on your shoulders the continuity of what others began, but could not realize because they are ahead of our time ".

"I like to express the creativity of blending jazz, rock and bossa sounds of joropo. I want people to see what has changed and the four with the Hurtado Cheo teacher, you can also see the immensity of the harp to get them involved with other existing genres and fusion with other city folk instruments. That is based on my first album, Rural and Urban. "

As its name implies, production is instrumental in the Barcelona musician offers a fresh and versatile harp that blends without losing prominence in nine subjects, some own and others who have played internationally.

In his second feature, Free Love, is more his role as arranger and composer. "As I do not sing, I looked for 12 singers with different styles to interpret my songs in the genre of ballad llanera. That is, is a romantic album with harp-ranger, four and rattle. "



The harp has more to give

criticism of the teacher have Chelique Sarabia, who is the godfather of his first album, is for him a privilege:

"For years I have experienced lost the sense of wonder. The day I listened to the album of Mauritius, I cried, just cried and I say with all honesty, because I understood that music in our country and the domination of a harp as limited as the plains, has a future that we lose sight of. "

also thanked all the comments received from several renowned musicians including vocalists, arrangers and producers, as well as the joy with which his two young daughters listen to their songs.

Shy, but steady, Mauritius is becoming known and is receptive to participate in musical events, national or international, as it did in 2008 when he represented Venezuela in the festivals held in Madeira, Portugal and the provinces of Arequipa and Moquegua, Peru. Those wishing to contact you can visit their myspace: www.myspace.com / mauricioarpa@gmail.comEsta mauriciomalandra or write e-mail address is being protected from spam bots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



The road is open and is already preparing another album. "To achieve the dreams you have to be risky, drawn a goal and follow it, do not leave a half." In that walk between rhythms and ropes waiting for his talent and creativity.


Source: Journal Waiting

0 comments:

Post a Comment